26 Oct 2013

New Landlord, New Career

With the summer out of the way, I've had a chance to sit down and examine where I am now compared to when I started this blog back in 2011 - something any good life coach would recommend. Not that I've ever been to a guru of any kind, but I imagine it's the sort of good advice one would give. It's the sort of advice my mother would give and she'd make an awesome guru. She's one of those lovely, tree-hugging, world of peace type ladies that you get on the cover of Time, decorating tanks with pretty flowers. I doubt she's ever considered her own life goals, but if you're already at one with existence then why bother?

So far I've managed to save £10k on a fairly low income (closer to £11k once my salary reaches the bank on Monday), moved across the country in search of a job, have jointly taken over the literary scene in my local town, and I'm nearing the end of my degree. Which leaves me wondering what I should do next.

My immediate concern is deciding on a career, so that I'm ready to move on to better things once I get that piece of paper in my hands. I work with some brilliant people and I'll miss them a lot, but there's not much scope to progress in my current role and I mostly turn up at the office to rest and relax from all the work I do at home - it isn't challenging in any sense. It was always intended as a stop-gap until I graduated, and it's been fun while it lasted. But onwards and upwards, as they say!

(I'll also mention the new landlord, as it's taken an extra £70 out of my savings (on top of an increase in monthly rent - sob). Not a good development financially, but it may only be a temporary glitch if I end up relocating for work next year.)

So... off to job hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment