1 Apr 2017

March Update

I received a lovely surprise yesterday afternoon. When checking my bank balance, it seems that a company I contracted for last spring has given me around £1000 tax return. Thank you Past Tense Self! It may sound odd, but I never check my tax figures until right at the end of the financial year, as I consider it a potential savings account. Although I know the money is mine already, getting a random unexpected payment the next year always cheers me up and acts as additional motivation! It's an illogical, but positive psychological boost.

So altogether my net worth is now £17,250 and earnings per day (passive interest) is £1.20. I know it still isn't anywhere near my million pound goal, but when looking at my progress plotted on a chart over the last decade it's wonderful to see the debt total plunge and completely disappear and the assets total increasing on a gradually steeper curve. Considering all the redundancies, moving around the UK to different jobs and homes, living like a hermit and sacrificing everything to get this far... I'm pretty pleased with those figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment